WEIGHT-LOSS CHALLENGE

Weight gain happens slowly but surely when you're very busy. I exercise daily (sometimes twice a day), do intermittent fasting most evenings from 7pm to 10am, and am not a big eater. But I love my wine, and probably need to cut back on that if I want to lose the weight I've gained over the past year or so: 7.5kg.

The types of exercise that I do include: weight training (varied); HIIT (light weights, many reps), rebounding (cardio that doesn't hurt my knees), and splashing around in the pool/races most day with my son.

In the working year (my son's school term and when I'm not on leave from mid Dec to early Jan), I have coffee on waking up, coffee and a salad/something high protein around 10:30, run, drink water, fetch my son, do a rebounder session, and swim with my son in between work demands (predominantly writing/public relations tasks for a wide range of different clients and agencies). I have the second meal of the day in the early evening, say 6pm, which tends to be protein and veg based. You may comment that I couldn't possibly be more active or eat less (I generally just take in fluids during the afternoons - water, coke lite, occasionally a smoothie). But my age is a factor, as well as a low-dose of medication that I'm on.

White wine is one of the few things I really enjoy, so I'm not keen to cut it out completely. My aim is simply to drink a bit less of it. Then, food is becoming increasingly expensive; sometimes you simply have to eat what's in the house, which makes stocking up on things like tuna, eggs, cheese, salads ingredients very important.

Anyhow, I'm challenging myself from today, 3 January 2023, to lose the 7.5kg I've gained since my son was born by trying to make a few small, healthy changes. I'll write about these as I try them out and see which work for me.

Happy New Year to all of you also aiming to become your very best you in 2023!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ITS NOT ABOUT THE SCALE, BUT...

SP0TLIGHT 0N GH0STING

DEFINE: "RISK"